Hey everybody! I am so excited to be posting about our very first monthly challenge for this ongoing series of life change challenges. I'm ready to change my life in a fun, sustainable, and positive way, and I hope you will journey along with me!
About this monthly challenge...
This month I want to focus on extending love to our loved ones as well as some people we may not usually think about. This monthly challenge will spread love to those we encounter who may really need it, and it will make us more positive, giving, and appreciative of others.
Why Spread Love?
Sometimes I tend to let the stresses of life take over my otherwise giving, loving personality. I get caught up in the weeds, and start focusing more on the negatives and the frustrations that come with a crazy hectic life. I forget to thank people that have done something kind for me or even completely neglect to extend love to the strangers that perform every day tasks in my life.
Ultimately I want to be a positive person, and I want to be a positive role model for my kids. I want them to see me extending kindness to everyone. Furthermore, I need to feel like I'm contributing to others lives and happiness. This is the perfect monthly challenge to start enforcing the habit of spreading love to our neighbors, our loved ones, and ourselves.
So without further ado...
- Compliment a stranger
- Maintain positive thoughts
- Do something special for yourself
- Smile at everyone you see today
- Give a card/special note to your mailman
- Listen to someone who is having a bad day
- Help a stranger out
- Put a card/special note and a treat in your kids' lunch(es)
- Write a special letter or text to an important woman in your life
- Invite someone to your house for dinner
- Ask someone what you can do to help them...then do it
- Take an expo marker and write caring messages on the mirrors in your house
- Make cookies (or any special treat) with your kids and share them with neighbors
- Celebrate your loved ones
- Have a family game night
- Take one of your kiddos (or someone else you care about) out to do something alone with them
- Cook dinner as a family
- Write a special letter or text to an important man in your life
- Share an inspirational quote on social media
- Refrain from gossip
- Say 'thank you' to everyone who helps you
- Leave a love note for your significant other
- Tell someone how they positively affected your life
- Make dessert together as a family (you could try my crostata recipe!)
- Treat yourself to a coffee and pay for someone else's
- Do something you know someone else hates to do
- Do something nice for someone and don't tell anyone
- Write yourself a letter that increases your love for yourself
So there you have it ladies! Our very first monthly challenge.
Make sure to follow me on Instagram and join the Mermaid in a Mason Jar Monthly Challenge Group for motivation and support from more amazing women that will be growing right along with you!
Also, be sure to head over to the MMJ Member Library to print out your 30 Day Challenge Tracker, Monthly Challenge: Spread Love daily reminder sheet, and the gorgeous motivational quotes from the pictures! If you aren't a member already...what are you waiting for?! You get exclusive access to our MMJ Member Library plus our newsletter and notifications about upcoming challenges!
You can sign up right here!