When to do a 30 day challenge
A few short years ago, I had no idea what a 30 day challenge was. I don't know that I had even ever heard of one. And quite frankly, I don't know that I would have had the self confidence to take one on even if I had!
Have you ever reached a point where you are so fed up with the way something is or isn't working in your life? I certainly have. Quite a few times in fact.
Maybe there is a bad habit you've been wanting to nix for awhile, but never get around to it. Or maybe the idea of overcoming it is so overwhelming you don't even bother to attempt it.
Perhaps there is a habit you want to start, but you don't know where to begin or if you will be able to commit to it in the long run. Maybe you feel like it's easier to procrastinate than to try to change.
Or maybe you just feel like you are in a rut, and you need some change or excitement. Something to kickstart that fire inside of you again!
People need to grow
I know all of these have been true for me at some point. I also know that when a person feels like they aren't growing it can have a seriously negative impact on their mindset, self esteem, and outlook on life in general in a very profound way.
It is absolutely essential for people to grow. There is truth in the saying, "when you stop growing, you start dying." Just like a tree, it's necessary for us to continue to grow.
Why you should give a 30 day challenge a try
One of the best ways I know to overcome any of the scenarios I mentioned before is to do a 30 day or monthly challenge.
- It's just short enough to not worry about a long term commitment, but long enough to reinforce it as a new habit or way of life (if you want). If at the end, it's not something you wish to continue, you haven't wasted much time. Plus, you can say you tried!
- You can do tons of 30 day challenges with little to no money and very little time. Just think of all the improvements or life changes you could make! 12 a year! That's a pretty profound step in the right direction.
- You can focus on one small change at a time. Instead of forcing yourself into overwhelm by trying to change everything at once.
- It's easier to accomplish big goals when you take little steps every day. Baby steps lead to big change!
- The next 30 days is going to come and go regardless of if you are working towards a goal or not. You might as well have something to show for it, right?!
- The feeling of self accomplishment when you tackle something head on and win is awesome! Every little victory is a victory nonetheless. In this case 30 little victories add up to one big victory!
- Even if you aren't tackling a "goal", but rather a change in the way you think, 30 days can make a huge impact on your life. You can completely rewire your brain to think, react, and believe differently. A shift in your mindset WILL change the way you experience life. No doubt about it.
- You don't have to wait for the "right time". You can start whenever you want! Who says you have to wait until the first of the week, or even New Year's to start making drastic changes in your life? If I had a dime for every time I told myself I would start on Monday....
Ready to start your own?
If you are interested in starting your own 30 day challenge, check out the 'Growth' tab at the top of the page under "Challenges". That's where you will find all the 30 day challenges I post and am actually doing myself! There's a new one every month!
If you want to do the 30 day challenge the MMJ community is currently doing, just check the most recent posts under the same "Challenges" tab and jump right in! We are always happy to welcome other who seek personal growth.
Connect with our challenge group!
Even better...follow me on Instagram and in my Facebook group, Mermaid in a Mason Jar Monthly Challenge Group to join a community of amazing women who will be there to support you and do the challenge of the month with you! Be sure to invite your favorite ladies, so they can grow right along side of you!
Make sure to subscribe to the MMJ newsletter so you will get the notification each month about the newest 30 day challenge! Plus, you will get exclusive access to the MMJ Member Library where you can get the FREE monthly challenge printables so you know what's on the agenda for the day! When you subscribe, you will also get access to my FREE printable 30 day challenge tracker and adorable printable motivational quotes!
You can subscribe right here...
I hope to see you there!
Have you ever done a 30 day challenge? What kind of challenge did you do? How did it go? And how did it impact your life?! Comment and let me know!